Riffs & Licks Music (ABN 56 621 102 261) is Brisbane's most exciting new musical instrument store. Staffed by industry veterans with years of both live music performance & recording experience, as well as retail sales expertise, our aim is to give you great advice & exceptional service for your next purchase.
Located at 56 Commercial Rd, Newstead, the store is only a stones throw from the Fortitude Valley live music precint, and just around the corner from live music venue, The Triffid. Newstead is centrally located and easily accessed from the north & south sides of Brisbane. Our store has plenty of off street parking as well. We welcome you to drop in and check out the store!
If you can't make it in, our online store is packed full of goodies that we either have in stock, or can get to you quickly through our large supplier network.
Here's just a few reasons why your next purchase should be through us -
- Staff with vast industry experience who genuinely love to talk about music gear
- All the best brands you want (and some you didn't know you needed)!
- Fast, insured shipping gets your products to you quickly and safely
- 14 day No Questions Asked returns policy. Don't like it? Just send it back for a full refund!
- Price Match policy - we'll match & possibly even beat any other price you find in Australia. A few conditions apply.
- What are your opening hours?
We are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm. Saturday 9am to 3pm. Closed Sunday.
- What payment methods do you offer instore?
We take Visa, Mastercard & Amex credit cards. We also offer Studio 19 as a rental option. Finally, we are a licenced second hand dealer so can also take trade-ins towards new purchases.
- I have an item to trade-in. What do I do?
Bring it in to us and we'll give it a good look over. We will give you an appraised value which can be taken off your new purchase. The value we can give you will depend on a number of factors - condition, year, model & desirability of the instrument, as well as what product/s you are trading on to. Note - we won't necessarily trade everything (remember we need to resell it quickly) and we don't do straight swaps.
- Will you sell my instrument for me?
Yes, we can sell your instrument on consignment. Talk to us about how we can help you move it on. Generally we take a 20% commission on the sale price of the item. Click here for information about consignment sales.
- Do you hire or rent instruments and equipment?
Yes, & no. We do not offer short term hire, however we do offer the Studio 19 rental program in store. This allows you to rent instruments for a minimum period (either 6mths or 12mths) and then return them when you no longer need them, or purchase them outright if you want to keep it forever. Ask us in store how you can apply!
- Do you do instrument repairs in store?
We can help with minor repairs such as restrings, setups, intonation, pickup rewiring, drumhead replacement & tuning etc. We do not have an inhouse luthier so do not offer more comprehensive repair services such as body work, neck breaks etc. However, we can put you in touch with some qualified luthiers who can help with these repairs. We can also recommend repairers for electronic items such as keyboards and PA equipment.
- Do you offer lessons/tuition?
Unfortunately we do not, however we can recommend some great teachers and schools.
- Can I purchase a gift voucher from you?
Yes, gift vouchers are available to purchase both in-store and online. Click here!